Saturday 21 November 2020

COVID-19 Must Not Win, A Los Angeles Based Activist Joins the Campaign

Tom Rogers Muyunga-Mukasa is an expert community organizer. Tom is able to work effectively in a Laboratory, clinic or at the grassroots. This versatility was gained over so many years. We caught up with Tom and this is what he told us. 

Blog Interviewer:

Tom briefly tell us your experience in the corporate world.

Tom: 

My experience in other areas enables me to be the right candidate for this job. I have worked in both Massachusetts and California since 2012-2020. 

BI: 

COVID-19 eradication campaigns are multi-faced. How can you convince a likely employer to choose you for an opening in their company?

Tom: 

I am competent, professional, and aware of the demands of the job. I shall be fully available to offer high quality assistance. I am patient and friendly with excellent communication skills, able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to ensure quality life goals for the clients. 


BI: 

Can you give our readers a snap-shot into the hands-on experience?

Tom:

I have worked variously at the grassroots: as a Community Liaison connecting senior immigrants to health care services under the San Francisco General Hospital Refugee Program; HIV Prevention Committee Member under the UCSF-SGF HIV Prevention Program; Member of the Africa Advocacy Network serving San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco and Sacramento; as a Front-Office Manager under the Mercy Housing serving the Youth, families and Long Term Housing Services; and part-timed with the AIDS Foundation as a Housing Case Worker for LGBTIQQ Living with HIV in San Francisco.  


BI: 

I noticed you have experience which enables you to acquire a multi-cultural sensitivity. How have you turned that cultural sensitivity around to benefit society?

Tom:

Over the weekends I worked as a Care Giver Nurse at a long-term care facility with the Institute on Aging (IOA). I worked as the President for Best Buddies Club to raise consciousness around autism and down syndrome on Campuses. 

BI: 

This experience enabled you to rise up the ranks of the corporate world. How have you turned your expertise into a campaign against COVID-19?

Tom:

Until 11/06/2020, I was the Procurement and Logistics officer managing funds or resources provided to UNICEF-USA in Los Angeles. My task involved working with vulnerable children, link them to care, social services and provide consumables. I have been supervising over 10,000 homes which we have provided with anti-COVID-19 supplies regularly.  


BI: 

Were any other skills called for in your work? If so how can you tell the likely employer or a reader of this blog how you juggle the skills for effective outcomes.

Tom:

I am skilled in research, data-analysis, problem-solving and problem-posing techniques. I have the right leadership skills and the experience of managing responsive interventions targeting the homeless, children and families, Black, LatinX, Indigenous, LGBTQ, and other marginalized communities in California and Africa. I am a very careful but quick learner, team-player, skilled in design-thinking and execution of project plans, build and deepen relationships, and support the management of the team’s mission for reducing COVID-19 transmission.  

BI: 

If you were to be employed or involved in managing a COVID-19 eradication program. Assure the potential employer.

Tom:

I shall come with my recruitment skills, I am committed, a results-oriented person, able to work independently; organized, detail-oriented, flexible, a problem solver, and can plan around and through ambiguity. I can contribute to the fight against COVID-19. So, if you are out there and need a person with my kind of credentials do not hesitate to write to me on the following email:trm10@stmarys-ca.edu.

BI:

Thank you Tom. Our readers, you never know Tom could be the best-fit your organization needs at this time. These are very strange times.








No comments:

Post a Comment