Thursday 10 March 2016

HIV-AIDS!




One day, you willed yourself into my mother's body,
like an extremely abusive vigorous husband,
there you stayed impaled and wreaked all form of havoc,
your ejaculation produced many of yourself in my mother,
your unwelcome multifaceted progeny,
wriggled and formed destructive zygotes
you debased the birth temple,
your pregnancy showed,
both inward and outward,
it became the shame, the blame,
like that of an eloped unwed one,
oh! The words that were hurled at my mother,
my mother's back stocked curses and mocks,
oh! How we, her children, became outcasts,
laughter became suspicious,
we walked cautiously by the paths,
like toddlers learning to walk,
our bodies stopped growing,
you stripped my mother of dignity,
you threw my mother down,
a mother who was so loving,
that love remained in our hearts,
it is eternally nourishing us,
you will never win.

No comments:

Post a Comment